2007-08-16

Good Solo

At the end of the solo, Dennis plays the snare with one hand at an unbelievably fast rate. Unfortunatley, the video cut off right before he does it.
Dennis Chambers Solo

Biography
My name is Dennis Chambers. I started playing drums at the age of 4, and by the age of 6 I was playing in night clubs. I had no former education in music. All my musical training came from playing in night clubs. At the age of 18 I went from high school to a band called "Parliament and Funkadelic". I joined the band in 1978 and played with them until 1985. Starting in 1985, I did a lot of session work in New York and was the house drummer for "Sugar Hill Record Company". After that, I joined "Special EFX" in 1985. In 1987 I joined the "David Sanborn Band" and the "John Scofield Band" which ended in 1989. Shortly afterwards I joined the "Mike Stern/Bob Berg Band". Since then I have been playing in various other bands such as: Randy Breckers Band and Michael Breckers Band/Mike Urbaniak's Band/Bill Evans Band/CTI All Stars/George Duke/Stanley Clark's Band/Steve Kahn's Eyewitness Band/John McLaughlin Band. I have also recorded my own record called "Getting Even" on Pioneer Records, and an instructional video on DCI.

2005 till now: Santana
Dennis Chambers